Hey! I’m C.C.
Thanks for choosing to use Cocos Creator for your next game. I’m glad you are becoming a game developer with Cocos.
Cocos Creator is great because it’s open-source, multi-platform, royalty-free, and is used by some of the biggest and smallest game companies in the world!
The great thing about Cocos Creator is it’s easy to build any 2D and 3D game. Just look at what you can do!
So, Where Do We Start First?
You’ll need to download a few items to get you started.
- Download Cocos Dashboard and install Cocos Creator according to these instructions.
- Download Visual Studio Code or Xcode to edit your code.
Now that you have that, you need to understand how Cocos Creator works. We recommend you read and understand the Documentation and API calls for Cocos Creator
Do You Know TypeScript?
- Official TypeScript Documentation
- Unofficial Introduction To TypeScirpt – Deep Dive
- Getting Started With TypeScript (Book / Kindle)
- TypeScript For Beginners (Video)
Let’s Make Our First Game!
So what should we build? We have a lot of great tutorials to get you started, but let’s start by helping you get familiar with Cocos Creator. We made two great tutorial videos on Cocos Creator for those using 2.x and 3.x. Please start here to get familiar with the game engine.
Need More Help And Tutorials?
Ready to take your development to the next level? We have a lot of amazing great tutorials and example projects you can choose to look at and test out.