Cocos Creator 3.7.2 was released last week. This version optimizes some rendering and lighting capabilities, fixes a series of key issues recently reported by users, and recommends that all v3.x users upgrade.
For the complete developer notes, check them out at our forums: https://discuss.cocos2d-x.org/t/cocos-creator-3-7-2-focuses-on-optimized-rendering-and-lighting-capabilities/58450
• Added DebugView at runtime UI controls. The debugging focus is on the overall rendering performance, and each module can be blocked or turned on, with modules unrelated to each other, you can see how different modules affect each other's rendering effects.See the documentation “Render Debugging - Run Time Using Render debugging” for more information:
• When the node animates, you can add the tween call of ‘destroySelf’ method to destroy the node.
• Skip rendering when the UI element Opacity is 0.
• Fixed an issue with Facebook instant games not starting.
• Support baking high-precision lighting maps to get a better baking effect. When the user turns on high-precision lightmap baking, 16-bit colors are used instead of 8-bit colors, and AO channels are baked separately. This function can be used to solve the problem of color spots caused by insufficient mapping accuracy when the light intensity is too high. Still, the disadvantage is that it will increase the lightmap package.
Comparison of results in high light intensity (off vs. on):
• Added Light Probe Bake Preview feature. When the user selects the object affected by the light probe, the probe affecting the object will be displayed in the scene. The probe baking results used to estimate the illumination information of the object will be displayed on the probe ball so that the user can make better debugging.
• Supports separate AO channel for baking, which automatically opens when opening high-precision baking.
• Added a default open scene in the project settings to prevent other users from only seeing an empty scene when they first open the current project.
• Added the ability for Hierarchy Manager to display a list of nodes that have lost or missing resources.
• Supports bulk generation of Prefab child nodes for each selected node when dragging prefab to multiple selected nodes in the hierarchy panel.