Cocos Creator v2.4.9 focused on fixing some 2.x related problems recently discovered, focusing on improving the stability of the editor and engine. And solved some of the obstacles affecting games published on the native mobile platform. It is recommended that all 2.x users upgrade. This version has not broken the compatibility of projects and plugins. Please refer to the upgrade instructions of 2.4.7 to update.
We will continue to deliver critical bug fixes in 2022, as announced during the 3.0 general release. These fixes will only be optimized around stability and usability, so it is no longer recommended for new users or new projects to choose 2.4. Please use the 3.x version for development.
For a full list of updates and information, check the complete developer notes at our forums.
- Fixed an issue that the building process may get stuck on some Mac devices.
- Fixed an issue that some error occurred when building a package for Google Play Instant.
- Fixed an issue that some error occurs when returning to a scene with 3D particles from the Prefab editing mode.
- Fixed an issue that the simulator cannot be open after setting custom resolution with float point number in Preferences.
- Fixed an issue that some part of the panel is obscured after moving panel in some cases.
- Remove some functions called on the iOS platform to avoid Apple Review Rejection
- Fixed an issue that the game crashes when switching to night mode on the Android phone toolbar
- Fixed an issue that the SpotLight component can’t cast shadows.
- Fixed an issue that the EditBox component will hide the keyboard when sliding to select words.
- Fixed an issue that the Video Player component can’t play videos within the subdirectory of the data folder.
- Fixed an issue that the game crashes when using the Mask component on some devices.